Friday, July 12, 2013

Time

Original Post: Wednesday, April 24, 2013
I am constantly at a war. I constantly persuade myself that somehow I can borrow time. The college season of life didn't help this attitude much - sometimes I would be working in the Mac Lab, doing homework, and running a report at the same time for another employer! So I was getting paid twice over and studying at the same time... talk about multi-tasking.

I do this in other ways too. Sometimes it is just practical to plan things back to back and to get all the errands done at once, but I feel very dissatisfied after running errands if they take more than an hour or two.

I like being able to run the dishwasher and wash clothes in the morning before I leave so I don't have to wait for them to be done when I get home. I learned I can't do both at once, or the dishes don't get clean.

I like having phone conversations while I drive or do chores. This really annoys some people but I have a blue-tooth so I'm hands-free and I will ignore the conversation when I hit traffic.

I need to re-learn that it's okay to focus on one thing at a time, that multi-tasking really is just a myth, and that I'm only human. But it's very hard to not want to somehow make there be more time and accomplish more things than I have time for. I think of more things to do than I can get done, and while many of those things are good things to finish, like the dishes... they are always back tomorrow. And that's just how it is.

For everything, I need to rely on my Savior, because there are many things I cannot fix, I can't fit in, I don't do right, I can't manage, etc... all of it's in God's Hands.

Psalm 90:12 ESV 

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment