Thursday, July 18, 2013

Missing Pieces

Original Post: Wednesday, June 16, 2010

 The other day, I was talking with a friend. She was sharing about how someone had a certain false perception of her, and she wanted to, needed to, set it straight. She made a comment that has stuck with me the last several days - "I'm not perfect, but I know someone who is."

How many people think others' lives are "all-together"?
How many people spend most of their time trying to look "all-together"?

There's something I've been missing lately, and this conversation embodied it. There's something in such open, honest, heartfelt conversation... such sweet fellowship... I've missed it so much. It's something I think is missing from most churches today. In being real with one another, real understanding and compassion can be shared.

My friend was concerned for sharing her faith and what God was doing in her life with someone else. What better way to prepare for that than in a circle of friends who share this concern? I miss this at church as well. It is rare that people stop trying to hold up their walls about hiding who they are and looking important to listen to concerns about Christ's kingdom and get invovled in the furthering of it.

Maybe our trying to look all-together is satisfied in the exact opposite - admitting we're missing some of the pieces.

And maybe it is only in the honest, open, realness of conversations and sharing life, that we are healed by Christ, and made ready to share His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment