Saturday, July 20, 2013

Not a princess

Original Post: Thursday, May 13, 2010

I know I'm not really a princess
and life isn't really a fairy tale
And up until now there wasn't any stairwell

(All I could see was the pain around me
I almost forgot what I was hoping for
I almost gave up on forever, happy endings)

But this moment
I am this princess
I step into a fairy tale
I'm so loved I can't imagine anything else

All the things on my mind are gone
Because I finally see the reality of what matters most
Problems look so small
Maybe because I'm in the arms of one so strong

And I'm being carried up the stairwell
I'm giggling, I'm laughing
I'm in the arms of the one I've come to love

And I am a princess
This is my fairy tale
Nobody can break this dream
Perfect timing, he leads me
And I know everything's gonna be all right

No comments:

Post a Comment