One thing you may find interesting are the 7 core values of the Army, which is also known as the acronym LDRSHP (pronounced Leadership). Basically, these are:
- Loyalty - Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army, your unit and other Soldiers.
- Duty - Fulfill your obligations.
- Respect - Treat people as they should be treated.
- Selfless Service - Put the welfare of the nation, the Army, and your subordinates before your own.
- Honor - Live up to all the Army values.
- Integrity - Do what’s right, legally and morally.
- Personal Courage - Face fear, danger, or adversity [physical or moral].
Okay, some are kind of vague... and some actually remind me of Bible verses. Comment if you know which ones ;)
What do you think of this list? Have you ever written out a list of values to live by? Why might such a list be useful to you... or to a soldier? Just some questions that came to my mind...
Thank you for your love and support, family and friends.