Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Marker Cap

Original post: March 7, 2010 
I always loved being reminded great truths about God while working with children. This was published a little differently in "Write for Him: The Story of GGFG" Available on http://www.amzn.com/1300504730

"The lid on this marker is hard to get back on, and it's even hard for me, and I'm a lot bigger than you," I told a little 2 and a half year old. She laughed and said, "Yeah!"

I still felt bad, because she is a little disabled, and I didn't want her to think it was her lacking. So, I said, "It's just hard to get back on so it's not just you" and she got real serious and said, "Why?"
I didn't know why... what did she hear when I said that? So I just told her, "Because it is so tight, too tight."

Sometimes I feel like life is like getting that marker cap back on.
I can try several different ways, and I still don't have the strength to do it on my own.

I watched as this little girl looked inside the marker cap to make sure it was the right end she was trying. See, she understood a lot about how it was supposed to work.

Sometimes I think I get life.
But then the cap won't go on still yet. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment