Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Routine is not evil

Some people act like a routine is the worst thing a person could ever possibly subject themselves to. I completely disagree. I know it's often going to be hard for me to keep any kind of routine, but I feel like I fall apart without some resemblance of one.

I knew, when I got married, my husband and my biggest difference was routine. Don't get me wrong - he has some - but his daily routine constantly changes based on his training schedule, location, and scope.

I like having a routine. It helps me center myself, evaluate myself in a good way, and know when it's time to rest and when it's time to push through and keep working. Sometimes, my routine goes away pretty much, because I have to choose - do I work everything around so that I'm free when my husband is, or do I try to do my own thing and just hope I get to ever spend any time with him?

Abosutely everything I planned for this Fall basically isn't working well. But, I decided there are some things I can keep the same through all of this:

1. Reading my Bible daily (usually with Erik)
2. Posting to GGFG / having Megan post every Friday (and now maybe Tuesdays as well)
3. Writing in my journal (even if it's not every day)
4. Eating breakfast (yeah that seems small but I like breakfast)


Hopefully, most days until we move I can also still:

1. Exercise at the gym 3 days a week
2. Take walks 3 days a week
3. Play with Jake
4. Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment