Saturday, July 5, 2014

Love Languages?

I never have believed in coincidences.

Yes, we all laughed that the one lady's baby went to the center when I asked who had the Love Language of receiving gifts...and no, that's not mine.

I'm with the majority for once, in that encouraging words are my favorite thing. And tonight, I got confirmation from my husband that I didn't even really know how badly I wanted or maybe even needed. I listened to him list out, for the first time I remember, everything that I've been involved in, and it was like even before he finished the sentence, his support was given with just the mention of these things.

I was determined when we moved to Kansas that I'd do my part to make this a good season of life. I love being at home, and there's lots to do here, but I quickly found I needed at least one or two outside involvement activities to feel connected - especially when Erik's gone.

I quickly found multiple ways to be involved. I wanted to find out what opportunities to get involved there are, and which ones I feel like God wants me to be involved in, so I showed up to everything at first.

Since I made a lot of these decisions about how I spend my time without much input from Erik, I started wondering what he thought, and I'd ask... but it's different than what happened tonight. He initiated the words that I needed to hear. I have to think that God did that in answer to my prayer for my upcoming Fall commitments... I feel so blessed and at peace about those things.

Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”



No comments:

Post a Comment