Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I am with you always

Matthew 28:20 I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

This verse has actually come up at least three times this week at different events, completely unrelated to each other. Ironically, at least two of the events have also mentioned something I talk about all the time: Satan's number one lie is that you're alone. That no one has ever experienced what you're going through right now and that no one understands what it's like. That you're isolated, that you're the only one who has ever sinned this big, that you're the only one on this journey.

Right now I'm doing well, and I haven't felt like that in a very long time. But I will never forget as a teenager and a young adult feeling like that... and how I chose to remember that I wasn't alone, because God understood and never left me. Even when friends left, I wasn't alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment