Saturday, July 27, 2013

8 Observations About Job Applications

1. Some places must just want to see if you can persevere - because to apply for an entry level nothingness job, they will have you waste 2 or more hours going through their application process (besides uploading your resume)...

2. Personality tests, which are commonly a part of this process, might include critical questions like (on a scale of Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree) - "I have never crossed the street on a red light"... okay because that's gonna help me file your papers...

3. You sometimes glance at the qualifications, start applying, almost finish, and then they suddenly announce that you have to have 3 years of experience or you won't even be considered...

4. Applying for jobs can leave you feeling very depressed, or at least insane, as you just uploaded your resume, but they want you to fill out the same information that's in it, in drop down boxes and even text boxes that don't allow copy-pasted answers.

5. Applying for jobs can make you wonder why you did not go to one college... instead of four... or if they really won't hire you if you don't list them all... because there are only 2 text boxes anyhow...

6. Applying for jobs can make you very sorry you ever worked at more than one place... for the same reasons as above

7. Can they contact my current or previous employers? Sure! But do I have everything short of their Social Security numbers? No! I don't have each of my employer's home and personal mobile phones, home addresses, and all that. Just the work numbers, thank you!

8. I hate rejection letters... but I hate silence even more. And I hate when they call but don't leave a message..

Original post: March 12, 2012 at 7:04pm

No comments:

Post a Comment